National Cinema Day is an annual event celebrated in India to commemorate the reopening of cinema halls after the COVID-19 pandemic. This year, National Cinema Day will be celebrated on October 13, 2023.
On National Cinema Day, multiplexes across the country offer discounted movie tickets, making it a great opportunity to enjoy the big screen experience with friends and family. It is also a day to celebrate the Indian film industry, which has produced some of the best & most iconic and beloved films of all time.
There are many reasons why we should celebrate National Cinema Day. Here are just a few:
- Cinema is a powerful medium of storytelling. Films can transport us to different worlds, introduce us to new cultures, and make us laugh, cry, and think.
- Cinema is a social experience. Watching a movie in a theater with other people is a great way to connect with your community and share a collective experience.
- Cinema supports the Indian film industry. The Indian film industry employs many people and contributes billions of dollars to the country’s economy.
On National Cinema Day, let’s all come together to celebrate the magic of cinema. Here are a few ideas for how you can celebrate:
- Go to the movies with friends and family. Select a movie that will captivate everyone and prepare for a joyous evening of entertainment.
- Watch a classic Indian film. There are many amazing Indian films that are worth revisiting on the big screen.
- Support independent cinema. Many independent cinemas offer special screenings and events on National Cinema Day.
- Use social media to show your love for cinema. Share your favorite movie memories, tag your favorite filmmakers, and use the hashtag #NationalCinemaDay to spread the word.
No matter how you choose to celebrate, make sure to enjoy the experience and appreciate the magic of cinema.
Here are some additional ideas for making your National Cinema Day celebration even more special:
- Dress up for the occasion. Whether you want to go all out in a glamorous gown or simply put on your favorite movie-themed t-shirt, dressing up for the movies can make the experience even more fun.
- Bring your own snacks. If you have any dietary restrictions or simply prefer to bring your own snacks, be sure to pack a bag before you go.
- Take a break from your phone. During the movie, try to put your phone away and focus on enjoying the experience.
- Stay for the credits. The credits are a great way to show your appreciation for the filmmakers and crew who worked on the movie.
This yer, the Multiplex Association of India offering tickets for as low as Rs 99 to celebrate National Cinema Day. The same offer is now extended to foreign films, including Hollywood productions like Paw Patrol, The Exorcist: Believer, and more. With the new offer of tickets for Rs 99, all domestic films are also accessible, including popular Bollywood films like Jawan, Gadar 2, and Mission Raniganj.
According to a poll conducted by Zoom, a majority of respondents across India prefer the allure of theatres over waiting for an OTT release 3. Fukrey 3 is expected to have the largest turnout in theatres followed by Jawan and Mission Raniganj
To celebrate National Cinema Day, you can watch Jawan at just Rs. 99 and this movie is available in Hindi, Tamil & Telugu.
Both online and in-person purchases of movie tickets are possible. Online reservations are available on sites like BookMyShow, Paytm, and the multiplexes’ own websites. The websites and social media pages of the multiplexes and movie theatres also have additional details on ticket and food and beverage deals.
A how-to for ordering movie tickets online on National Cinema Day:
Simply select Friday as your preferred day and the movie you want to see. Be aware that most domestic films, especially those from Bollywood, were released before foreign films. This has led to a crowded house situation. Seats are still available, though, because international film reservations didn’t begin until later.
Popular Indian movies like Jawan, Mission Raniganj, and Thank You for Coming can be purchased for less depending on where you live. Please be advised that costs could change depending on taxes and multiplex fees.
6.5 million people attended movies on National Cinema Day last year, exceeding the previous record. More than 4000 screens will participate in the festival this year. Participating theatres include PVR INOX, CINEPOLIS, MIRAJ, CITYPRIDE, ASIAN, MUKTA A2, MOVIE TIME, WAVE, M2K, and DELITE, among others.
National Cinema Day is a great opportunity to celebrate the magic of cinema and support the Indian film industry. So get out there and enjoy a movie on the big screen!